One frequent question I encounter on online forums is; when do you know your furniture needs to be upholstered? Upholstered furniture has coverings such as cushions or springs. They enable your furniture to last long. That’s because house or office furniture undergoes a lot of use and exposure to various elements. In my case, I always have to clean up my pet’s urine and also dust as a result of my day to day activities.
It means that my furniture needs to get upholstered after some time. However, most people don’t know when exactly to replace their furniture coverings. In this post, I give you 5 signs you need to carry out professional upholstery to your furniture.
• One sign that you need your furniture to be upholstered is frequent washing. Just like me, you have your regular professional upholstery cleaning company. In as much as they use quality products to clean your upholstery, you need to replace them if you notice them losing their colour.
• Anything that encounters regular traffic will ultimately wear down, for example, your upholstery. I recommend that you replace you it if you notice discolouring and staining that refuse to go away even after cleaning.
Change in Your Styles
• Another sign that means your furniture needs to be upholstered is a change in your preferred styles, patterns or colour. I know you have your favourite designs, but at times you may think of changing, for example, after a visit abroad or recommendations by friends or relatives.
• You don’t need to replace your furniture; all you need to do is carry out upholstery using your preferred designs.
• I also recommend you reupholster your furniture if you want to replace its original shape. You may have good furniture, but its fabric is worn out. Some manufacturers produce long-lasting furniture but put on mass-produced materials.
• It means after cleaning its fabric; it may lose its appeal to the eye. Just as me, I recommend that you reupholster your furniture after these scenarios.
• I’m a fan of environmental conservation. I conserve the environment by carrying out reupholstering to my furniture. That ensures fewer trees get cut, no traffic as result of transporting cut wood and also less global warming.
• My family and I have that furniture that we have used for a long time. Some of it was given to us as wedding presents while others were given to us by our parents.
• This furniture cannot just get thrown away. That’s as result of its sentimental value to us. What we do is ensure the furniture stays in good shape but gets reupholstered regularly. It means we enjoy its services while also keeping memories around our house.
• I recommend that you consider reupholstering your furniture instead of replacing it. Bear in mind that modern furniture cannot get compared to furniture made in previous decades.
• That’s because companies are mass producing them to get profits. They also use less quality material compared to past years furniture.
Getting your furniture upholstered by professional ` should be easier using the above guide. Check your budget estimates and ask for written quotes from these professional upholstery companies.